#dennyvisits SEATTLE, WA w/ BROOKS HERITAGE.



#NATIONALSNEAKERDAY.

Come as you are! And I did…to Seattle courtesy of Books Heritage for #NationalSneakerDay. I’ve wanted to check out Washington state for a while and was so happy to have been able to do so in the company of a truly great legacy shoe brand. After a long flight and much anticipation, I touched down in Seattle to…rain. But it wasn’t gloomy, humid NYC rain. In fact, the locals barely seemed to notice, carry umbrellas or let it stop them. Instead, they seemed to move about the city in stride, enjoying coffee (haha stereotypes!) and taking in greenery at every turn. On my first night in town, I got to dine with the Brooks Heritage team who were friendly, gracious and insanely welcoming. The following day, the team treated me to a tour of the Brooks HQ. Through them, I got to hear more about the history of this 100 year old shoe company. What I really love about Brooks is their commitment to authenticity. It’s something I both admire and aspire to. Brooks knows that they’d have success chasing trends and competing against the big shoe empires for fame and hype but they hold back and make staying true to their original brand and mission their goal. They’re OG who can literally run circles around the rest. My favorite part of Brooks history was learning more about the signature shoe they created for basketball player Dominique Wilkins in the 80s. (He wore the shoe against Michael Jordan in their infamous slam dunk competition.) After the factory tour, things got lit—we hit up a whiskey tour and took a sea plane ride to see some more of Seattle. Don’t drink and sea plane, folks! Or do…YOLO. On my last day, I explored the sites at Capitol Hill and got to visit some awesome local shops who were supporting Brooks and selling their merch. Overall, I had a short but perfect trip getting more acquainted with the people and place who make up Brooks Heritage. It was truly an honor to rep Brooks during #NationalSneakerDay because of their history and integrity!


GET THESE SHOES. SHOP HERE.


All Photos Shot By Shawn Jordan.

Comments

Popular Posts