A Made In America suit with Joseph Abboud.


All Photos Shot by Menelik Puryear.

#MADEINAMERICA

Recently, I had the opportunity to participate in a once in a lifetime experience and trip with
some of my favorite fellow influencers and American icon, Joseph Abboud. Whether you
are a committed dapper gent or just a regular guy interested in personal style and fashion,
Mr. Abboud is a name you should know. A pioneer in the men’s fashion and suit industry,
Joseph Abboud suits are symbols of classic men’s tailoring and luxury. I got to see first
hand the incredibly detailed, meticulous and personal handiwork involved in the process of
making one of his creations on a trip to the Joseph Abboud factory in New Bedford,
Massachusetts.

As part of the experience, Mr. Abboud invited my fellow influencers and I to meet him at the
NYC Flagship store on Madison Ave. At this meeting we became aquainted and went over
the process of creating a #JACustom suit. Mr. Abboud was passionate about allowing us to
design our own suit, encouraging us to personalize every detail from the fabric and lining to
the suit style and specific tailoring. Because of my love of Japanese American style, I chose
a vintage inspired denim fabric with a unique daisy pattern. I also requested that the suit be
fitted with the pant legs cuffed for a modern vintage feel. What I loved about working on
this suit was the way I was able to inject my personal style and aesthetic into the classic
Joseph Abboud sihoulette. It was incredible to meet with Mr. Abboud and discuss my design
and hear his feedback and suggestions for customizing this look for me. Additionally, it was
incredible to see the way Mr. Abboud and his team worked with my fellow influencers to
ensure that each person’s suit was a reflection of their own brand.

A few weeks later, Mr. Abboud invited us to his factory in New Bedford, MA where we got to
see first hand where our #MadeinAmerica custom suits were created. Seeing the suits which
are made largely by hand was such a treat and allowed me to have such an appreciation for
the incredible American made work which is such a large part of Mr. Abboud’s specialty and
brand. You can see that there is love, pride and meticulous detail infused into the work that
the entire team produces which was awesome to experience. In the end, the experience left
me feeling enriched, appreciated and grateful for having spent time with the fashion icon.
Enjoy pictures of myself and the guys on our trip.






















VISIT JOSEPH ABBOUD FOR MORE DETAILS. HERE.

MY FELLOW INFLUENCERS:

STEVEN ONOJA.
BOBBY HICKS.
MOTI ANKARI.
SAM WHITE.
CHRIS JOHN MILLINGTON.
KYLE KRIEGER.

Comments

Popular Posts