Part lV: Street Stylin' w/GQ and GAP feat. STAMPD LA.

Shot by Andy Melendez.
(@andylvlac)

What an honor! Over the next few months, in partnership with GQ magazine and GAP, I’ll be revealing new pieces from the Best New Menswear Designers of America. The full collection will be released in September, but until then, I’ll be wearing prominent pieces from each brand.

This month, I'm sporting STAMPD LA, the most comfortable piece I've ever worn in awhile. If you ever worried about looking stylish while dressing comfortably then this is the brand for you.

About Stampd:

"I appreciate and try to nod to what's coming out of New York and Paris," Stampd designer Chris Stamp says, "but give it a coastal feel." Stamp's clothes (think snapback caps, drapey graphic tees, nylon bombers, polka-dot windbreakers) tend to have a domino's color scheme, which makes sense for a designer who was basically born wearing black. "I don't like to use the word streetwear, ever," Stamp says. "But at the core I make luxury streetwear. It's something casual and modern. There's an understated arrogance about the line. Things aren't crazily overdone, but when you look at the details and you look at the cut and you look at the color palette, it feels elevated." In only four years since launching the brand, Stamp has gotten his clothes into 120 stockists worldwide—and more than half his business comes online. "As far as where I'm trying to take it," he says, "I still feel like I'm at the infancy."




Apparel Breakdown:

OL NY HAT. GET IT HERE. / STAMPD LA SHIRT. GET IT HERE. / GAP DENIM JEANS. GET IT HERE. / CREATIVE RECREATION SNEAKERS. CREATIVE RECREATION. GET IT HERE.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts